Friday 1 February 2013

Nicky Run 4

February 1, 2013

Today is my 43rd birthday and I got a lot of running swag. 

So after a linger in bed I got up and donned my awesome new running socks - what a difference!!

And a new running shell from MEC that is so thin and breathable but kept me just warm enough.  Thanks Allan!

I tried to start out a bit slower and also tried lengthening my stride (I must read up on this) so I was super surprised when my 5 minute interval said I was running at 8min/km.

I ran a different route but was thwarted when I tried to get on the dyke at Williams as it is closed so I doubled back and followed the same route home as my "usual" 3km run.

This extra distance put me at 3.5 km at the end of the run which was slightly less than I was planning and my pace did slow over the run but ended at 8mins47 seconds making it my fastest paced run so far. 

I felt good - I did a couple walking spells mainly to stretch my Achilles which was a little twingy but I got back to running within 2 minutes each time.

Legs felt good at the end with more in them.

Jacket was great - tucked my t-shirt into my running tights as per Allan's suggestion . Jacket still rode up and I was pulling it down not because it was uncomfortable but because I wanted my behind covered..... I guess I need to get over that at some point!

Also must find better running underwear!

Looking forward to donning the Lululemon run shirt my staff gave me yesterday when there is no threat of rain.

No comments:

Post a Comment