Sunday 17 February 2013

Run 9 was FINE!

Today was my long run.......3km.......which was oddly shorter than my last 3 Sunday runs but I am following the schedule from my Trainer!

I was also wear new shoes I purchased in the USA yesterday.  I am sure it breaks all rules to just grab them out of the box and go for a run but that's what I did.  Felt good to have such a cushioned stride.  Saucony Grid Cohesion 5


It was a balmy 10 degrees and I ran the same route as my tempo run and calculated how to add some distance to make it to 3km.

I changed up all my running gear and it worked so much better!! Nothing moved. So nice to run without clothes issues.

I thought my Running app had malfunctioned when the 10 minute split didn't come up at the place I was expecting - I kept running and was at least a full block further when it came up than I was on Thursday and I was blown away to hear my pace was 6:40min/km!  No wonder!  I actually found that oddly demotivating as I thought it was too fast and I was going to pay later.

But I actually had one of the best runs yet.  My tempo was actually fairly even and mainly stayed between 7:30 and 8:15 (I need to compare the dips and spikes to my music :)

I got to my front door at exactly 3km.
23:27 minutes
7:49min/km average

A slight shin pain on the left and that leg felt sluggish.

No comments:

Post a Comment