Wednesday 13 February 2013

Nicky Run 7 - First Tempo Run

I am now officially on a training program thanks to Erin Lee at 337 Multisport.  What a science there turns out to be to this running gig.....no wonder so many start and fail.....I would have without professional help that is FOR SURE!

So I had a horrendous day at work and got home after 6pm and by the time I had fed the family take out pizza and vented about my day to my every dependable spouse ... it was dark.

If I hadn't had a plan to follow I would not have run.

I headed out on my first night run (reflective gear and flashing lights on).

Only scheduled to be 20 minutes but with the focus on a 5 minute warm up, 10 minutes of fast running to up the tempo of my running I am guessing and then a 5 minute warm down run.

The goal was 8.15mins/km which is a big jump from my best time of 8.35min/km.


So I ran hard.  Funny how much faster I could run when time and not distance was the goal!

My first split at 3 minutes was 8 min

Second split at 6 minutes was 7:20 - I nearly fainted on the sidewalk!


I paid for that I think as I ended the run with a PB at 8:23min/km (short of the goal but I wasn't too dissatisfied as I was super tired and hungry and distracted).

Now enjoying a glass of red wine and a slice of pizza!

No comments:

Post a Comment