Tuesday 5 February 2013

Nicky Run 5

BLAH

I didn't even take a photo.

I think I made a few mistakes and they cost me:

I was tired.
I didn't eat breakfast (had a cup of coffee and a cookie!!)
I didn't drink any water before I left (or take any with me)
I forgot to go to the bathroom before I left
I wasn't dressed warmly enough (I had a t-shirt and a thin shell)

The first 2.5 km were just great - despite the fog turning to gentle rain I had found a new path and was enjoying the quiet.  My time intervals were under 9 minutes.

Around 3km I started to feel like I needed the bathroom.  Then I started to feel a little thirsty.

I got totally distracted and lost my rhythm and my focus (and focused on getting home).

I abandoned my route and got home at a decent pace but did less than the 5km I had as a goal and felt BLAH about it all.

I guess it's good to have the first ugly run over and done with?

No comments:

Post a Comment