Friday 8 March 2013

Terrible Tempo Wednesday

Had a twingy knee after Jazzercise on Monday. Iced it.  Felt OK Tuesday but skipped Jazz to rest it.

Did not feel like running on Wednesday in the rain but that schedule was there on the fridge......I couldn't not go!

I decided to start slow and see how the knee felt and take it from there.  Knee hurt right away but after a block or two settled down and felt fine for the rest of the run and only slightly achy since then. Slight shin discomfort on the same leg.

Anyway there I was cruising along and just to prove I still and a horrible judge of how fast I am running....my first split at 5 minutes as 5:14min/km..... I gasped out loud......my first sub 6 min ever!

Managed to stay in the low 7's for the rest of the run.  Felt sluggish but kept running.

Was just in the home stretch in the back alley hoping there may be a PB in those stats (by a second or two) when my neighbour drove up and rolled down his window and clearly wanted to chat.  By the time I realised my run was done I had let RunKeeper run on 3 minutes thus killing my stats and time.....UGH.

So here are some skewed stats

2.87km
27:04 minutes
9:25min/km


No comments:

Post a Comment