Wednesday 20 March 2013

Intervals......I am not sure we are going to be friends

I completely missed the 3 hours of sunshine today and headed to Minoru Track in howling winds and sideways rain (half the lower mainland is out of power).

The track is very exposed and the wind was fierce.

I had a nice 8 minute warm up jog and then my husband gave me the 2 minute start signal and I was off like a bullet ....... for about 100 meters...... then I wanted to die....... so I slowed down and to my horror I was walking before the 2 minute mark.

The 4 minute brisk walk felt long and I felt ready to run again......for about 150 meters....

It wasn't my legs it was my lungs...... crazy....

The third sprint was better and closer to being 400m but I was done!

I was wet and cold and tired.  Thankful for Allan for being there to give me the signals.

In the end:
21.49 minutes
3.06km
7.08 mins /km A NEW RECORD (bit I think it doesn't really count).

Hope you are enjoying Hawaii Erin Lee!  My next run will be in Tofino!

No comments:

Post a Comment