Sunday 10 March 2013

Fab Friday

I am not sure when that "need" to run kicks in but I don't have it yet and am ever grateful I am so competitive with myself that I hold myself to a piece of paper on the fridge that says when to run and how far or how fast!

I would have packed it in long since were it not for that plan!

It was a gorgeous sunny afternoon and one of my only runs in double digit temps.  Felt warm.

I specifically wanted to run even splits on this run so I had to really apply the "brakes" in the first 5 mins.

Every split was in the low to mid 7 minutes.  I ran on the dyke which was crazy busy and I didn't have my usual split markers which I didn't like but realise I can't get to reliant on one route in the (seemingly unlikely) event I actually ever run a race.

I ran No 1 and Steveston to the Dyke and the Dyke to halfway between Williams and Blundell and then turned for home with the sun full in my eyes.

In the last 8-10 minutes (when I would usually want to walk) I was still happily running and I think I got a small taste of the elusive "zone" runners comment on......I ran the entire 30 minutes and felt good.

30 mins
3.87km
7.44min/km

No comments:

Post a Comment