Thursday 24 January 2013

Nicky Run 1

Sunday January 20th

I took off for my timed 5km in my jazzer shoes and clothes with a new vented run jacket and my iPhone 4 running the RunKeeper app.

Some things I wish I had had.......
a tissue (it was 4 degrees and my nose started to drip pretty quick),
chapstick - I am a mouth breathing runner and in the cold I needed it
better hair control - I had a lululemon headband but it didn't work


I ran with no music and have done since then again and I am not sure about if it will be a focus or a distraction - I guess I will have to try it out.

I ran on the road and on the gravel dyke and around Garry Point Park (through a flock of snow geese).

It felt hard - I had one stretch on the dyke that was relatively quiet when I got into a good rhythm and felt ok but the rest was a slog.

I ran about 2/3 and walked about 1/3.  I have a fast walking pace so I didn't cool down too much,

Things that were hard....
Transitions - I found stepping on and off curbs hard and going from the sidewalk to the gravel and back
Dodging people
Keeping my head up and a good posture
Hearing my phone (which had the settings on for miles which drove me crazy).

I did 5km in 40 minutes at an average pace of just under 9 minutes/ km.

Happy to have done it.

Very sore after.

No comments:

Post a Comment